Saturday 11 June 2011

Nella Fantasia

I've always loved Gabriel's Oboe and I remember listening to it over and over again, before I fell asleep way back when. Then one day I walked into a music shop at the Morley Galleria in Perth and it was playing Amici Forever's version of Nella Fantasia. I had never heard Nella Fantasia before, never realised that Gabriel's Oboe had been given lyrics.

I was feeling the pale shade of azure I felt every Saturday, alone and lonely in another land. (I only felt this way during weekends. I felt great during the week when I had classes). But as I listened, I was enraptured. I could feel my soul fly out of my body to meet the music.

I tried and tried to find Amici Forever's version on Youtube. Sadly I couldn't. They had versions by other folk and other songs by Amici Forever. But none would do. I found this video instead.

Exaltation and tragedy.

I once said: it was like a Nella Fantasia in my soul.

And I expected everyone to know just what I meant. Someday I'll make a video with the right music. And I'll put it up on Youtube so you can hear what I hear, see what I see and perhaps, feel what I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Addy, after what you told me, I've amended the comments thingy so you can comment if you want without signing in to google or anything...just indicate that you're Addy so I know, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. It vaguely reminds me of a piece titled Esther that I believe is played on a soprano sax...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni_NjmKHPqU

    ReplyDelete