Wednesday 16 May 2012

Some Last Words

So, it's been a year. I bet you never thought I'd make it this far. I know I never did. This is the day it all officially ends. I could go on...but I said I would do this for one year. Sometimes it's good to put things into a receptacle, made of crystal, to hold it in, to contain it, as it were.

And so, with all my love, I say to all of you who came long for the ride (even if you never said anything, merely showed up on my site meter)...thank you. It's been an honour and a privilege knowing my words were read.

Though not just my words. Mostly other people's words as well. Which were so much more profound than mine.

I know this year has changed me beyond belief.

Fare thee well.

So the sea journey goes on,
and who knows where!
Just to be held by the ocean
is the best luck we could have...

Why should we grieve that we've been sleeping?
It doesn't matter how long we've been unconscious,
We're groggy, but let the guilt go.
Feel the motions of tenderness
Around you, the buoyancy.


-Rumi-

2 comments:

  1. (waves of applause)

    And a quote from Rumi, too--that really makes my day! :-)

    I do hope you continue writing elsewhere, even if it never becomes public. It was great to share in this accumulation of insight, esp. on those days when I had none of my own. Best of luck to you, Jenn!

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike...it was great to have you onboard...I will probably continue writing (only because I cannot help myself)...let's see what my next one-year project is.

    ReplyDelete