Tuesday 24 January 2012

Gather Ye Rosebuds


It's been a lazy holiday. Most of the time, I've spent reading (Must You Go, Antonia Fraser, The Way of the Pilgrim, Anonymous, When Everything Changes, Neale Donald Walsch)and lolling around in bed.

Yesterday, I thought I would go to Backyard and see Mark and give him his birthday present. Instead, I filled a bowl with strawberry cheesecake-flavoured ice cream, lolled on the newly washed sofa, and watched an entire season of Modern Family.

That's 24 episodes.

Got a slight sick headache from all that pleasure and so to top it off, ordered a Golden Fortune pizza from Pizza Hut (I shared some of it with Arnold, who kept close to my heels).

And then the episodes wound to a close way past midnight and I stumbled off to bed. To read, perchance to sleep.

I slept.

Nice to get to bed without any fuss.

If you asked me to describe the day, I would say it was full of lazy and wanton pleasures.

But then, I like lazy and wanton pleasures.

It's nice to take a break from the schedule and just vegetate.

No comments:

Post a Comment