Monday 20 January 2020

A Feast of Reason

And so on Friday, after a night of not enough sleep (recidivist Netflix activity), I wake up late and move through the day sluggishly. There is an interview to transcribe (one hour and fifty minutes of it, because I waffled and went off-topic over and over again) and I am way behind on steps.

So after transcribing 30 minutes of it, I get up and take a walk downstairs to bring my total up to 5,000. When I come back to the office, it's 6,052.

So I think, I'll transcribe another 30 minutes and go for another 2,500 step walk.

I listen to "The Doctor Who Sat For A Year" on Audible as I walk. Which is kinda nice as the doctor is meditating, noting his thoughts, commenting on everything all over creation...I love how discursive his thoughts are. It's like listening to an essay by Montaigne (I spent more than 49 hours last year listening to essays by Montaigne - and I also read the book).

My intention is sidetracked because W is feeling stressed and we decide that going out for dinner would be a good thing to take her mind off the intense pressure of work.

It does. We talk about Korean drama serials instead. She talks about Voice and Let's Eat. And I talk about Hotel Del Luna.

I end the day 2,000 short of my target 10,000, but spending time with a good friend is always worth it.

We drink Bundaberg gingerbeer - a feast of reason, a flow of soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment