Thursday 16 January 2020

Zen and the art of cleaning kitty litter

If there's one thing I hate about my morning chores, it's cleaning the kitty litter. The smell, the pure ickyness of the task, the... (I could go on for ages so let me stop here). Which is why Tuesdays and Saturdays are stellar days for me because I don't need to be cleaning no kitty litter.

Rose does it then.

But now that I've started meditating, I've stopped actively resisting the task (the resistance is what makes it all that much harder) and started to embrace it.

Yes, sweep up all the sand on the floor in a Zen way.

Yes, scoop out the poop.

If it stinks hold breath.

But in a peaceful and not a disgusted way.

Then scoop out clumps of sand held together by cat pee. (This part is stinkier).

Hold breath.

Peacefully.

I can honestly say that the last two days of cleaning kitty litter have gone a lot better.

Progress?

Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment