Monday 10 October 2011

Vision Board



This is my vision board. Way back in February, during the Chinese New Year holidays, when I was busy editing words for my friend Mary, (OK I got paid to do it but still, it was a painstaking, finicky job to say the least) I was also working on my vision board.

I had bought the orange card a while ago. Orange for creativity. I had also taken some time to cut out images and stuff them into a box. One of those gift boxes that my friend Esther had given me for my birthday.

So I had Serendipity playing in the background (I love John Cusack) and I started arranging and sticking the disparate pictures and words together. And this was the result.

It's on my bedroom wall so I can see it first thing when I wake up. The large Chinese character there stands for joy. Maybe it's not so funny that I started a blog dedicated to joy not so long after. The red car hasn't shown up yet and I haven't started meditating but every time I look at that picture I know what's missing in my life.

A sense of spirituality. A pervasive "everything is going to be all right" feeling. No, my mind is a little mouse that scurries and I breathe in and out in the car, willing myself to calm down, and feel that.

I know change begins inside out. Not outside in. And the circumstances of my life that I find unpalatable now will not be going anywhere, unless I start to calm down and take control.

So yeah, maybe I need "more than a job".

And maybe I will "start the day with an invigorating shower".

Yeah, that will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment