Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Moment Passes

You're like marble
You know what you know
You remember what you remember
which is everything
or at least
everything that matters.

You tell me how things are
there are no points of view,
and you're sure, so sure
as you lay down the law.

THIS IS IT!

Carved in your voice
That granite certainty
It falls into me
like a stone
and there
it dissolves.

For I'm like
writing in the sand
the tide washes in
the words wash away
I can't hold on
and there is no tomorrow
everything passes
everyone leaves
everything passes away.

I wish I could hold on
to a moment
for more than a moment
but I can't.

The moment passes
washes away
and I don't even remember
why I wanted it to stay.

The moment passes
each day swept clean
no memory, no pain
nothing to hold on to
not even you.

The moment passes
and I say
it's good
I don't remember
it's good
I can't hold on

And I say
please,
please,
please...

Just

Let

It

Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment