Sunday 11 December 2011

In the Mood

So I've mailed out the last of my Christmas cards. Two further trips to the post office because when grabbing the bunch of cards in my capacious bag, I left out two. Which I found later much to my chagrin. So it was a trip to Bangsar to mail the offending envelopes and a gatecrashing of Sue-Ann's tete-a-tete with her friend to get away from work.

I actually bought one of those chick-lit mildly romantic Christmas novels...just because the cover looked so inviting and it was supposed to be about childhood favourites...but somehow, although I didn't put it down until I had made it through all 500 or so pages, it did not leave me with that carbonated glow this kind of fiction is supposed to. No, not even the childhood favourite parts. And she didn't mention Wind in the Willows. I mean to say, what?

If I had not already featured the Dulce Domum chapter in these pages, I so would do that now. But as it is...you'll have to content yourself with the Christmas chapter from What Katy Did.

My room is a mess. It's littered with scraps of presents, wrapped, unwrapped and I still don't think I've covered everyone. So far, I've given out about five. I've got labels for the rest, which is a good thing because by now, I've forgotten who gets what. And I don't remember what I wrapped so I would have to open them up and see.

Are you in the mood for the season?

Because despite all my preparations. I'm not. Not yet. It's like I'm tired all the time and just going through the motions, trying to force myself into the mood.

So far, no good.

1 comment:

  1. (hugs Jen) You will be! Once you've had a moment to slow down and breathe it all in, you'll come around. :-)

    -M

    ReplyDelete