Tuesday 27 January 2015

Weekend feasts

I have decided that as long as I'm in KL, I will cook. Since I am on a diet the livelong week, the weekend is the time to cut loose and eat like fun. Well, anyway, eat what I have made. I have been experimenting with various recipe books and this weekend, I made pineapple curry, kerala fish fry and ginger syrup cake. Only the cake was spectacular but that is besides the point. The point is I want to make something different every week. I am tired of routine and I think I want to mix it up.

This will involve compiling a list of ingredients during the week (after I have figured out what I want to make) and shopping on Fridays. Then maybe, Friday night (if I come back early enough) I can make the cake so I only need to make the main dishes on Saturday.

Next week I am planning a dry mutton curry, asparagus belachan and cocoa cake. Let's see how it all turns out. Meanwhile, here are pictures from this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment