Saturday 24 September 2011

Little House On The Prairie

I used to love Little House on The Prairie when I was a kid, but I don't quite remember watching this episode. If I had, I wouldn't have either understood or appreciated it anyway. But I remember watching the different episodes on Youtube (after I had finished watching a heap of Highway to Heaven episodes.

It made a huge impression on me. I like anything tinged with the miraculous.



I was supposed to pray for my brother, so's he'd be all right again, but I didn't do it. I had mean thoughts. But I tried to tell you later that I didn't mean it and I did want him to be all right again, but I guess you didn't hear me. So now I want to make it right.

You see God, my Pa has three girls, me, Mary and Carrie and what he really needs is a boy, like you had God. So what I was wondering is, since you have a son, maybe you'd like to have a little girl with you and you could send my brother back to Pa.

Well, that's about it. I'll just wait right here.

Amen.




When heaven cries and the tears come down, it makes things grow and come alive again. What God wants us to know is that it's all right to cry for your fellow man. Because if you do, only good can come of it.



Charles: Are you all right?

Laura: (nods)

Charles: Why? Why did you do it?

Laura: I thought you needed Charles more than me.

Charles: How could you think that?

Laura: I just did.

Charles: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's my fault.

Laura: It's all right now. God wants me to be with you. He told Jonathan.

Charles: Jonathan?

Laura: He was right here. (looks around). Jonathan? Jonathan? He was just here. Why would he go? He took care of me. (sits down) Bird's gone too.

Charles shows Laura the cross with her name carved on it that he found downriver: Did he give you this?

Laura (smiles): My cross. Jonathan made it for me. Where did you find it?

Charles: Miles down the river.

Laura: Heaven's tears.

Charles: What?

Laura: Something Jonathan told me. God talked to him, Pa. He really did.

Charles: Let's go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment