Monday 26 September 2011

Presents and Thank You Notes

I put my heart in some of the articles I write and so it breaks the same, when the people I feature, either do not read them, or respond to them. I know, I shouldn't care. But somehow, I do.

So when I received my first thank you card for an article I wrote, I was walking on air. And it accompanied a present - Larry King's new autobiography. And I collected this at the reception on my way to a lunch with a professor who had translated about 19 of Tagore's short stories.

A lovely lunch at the KLCC (of course, I wandered through Kinokuniya after that) and another present - this time lots and lots of chocolate. (Passing Godiva on my way up to Kino, I had felt a little sad that people no longer think that chocolate is an appropriate gift)

So, yes, presents, thank you cards, and a whole heap of serendipity.

Ask (for chocolate) and ye shall receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment