Saturday 3 March 2012

Midnight in Paris


To fully appreciate Midnight in Paris it would help if you've read A Moveable Feast and The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas. Luckily, I read both. And I can't decide if London (Bloomsbury) or Paris in the 20s is more Golden Agey. Except that, nestled as it is between two wars and one Great Depression, I suppose it is not really that ideal.

Now I feel like re-reading Virginia Woolf's diary.

And Loki was so not cute here. Though Hemmingway and Fitzgerald were. And I'm sure that that's what Zelda really needed.

A valium.

3 comments:

  1. And Gauguin had syphilis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just rented this movie to watch later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna love it. And if you haven't before this, go read Hemmingway's A Moveable Feast about his time in Paris and also Gertrude Stein's Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas.

    ReplyDelete