Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sometimes Monkeys Live


I'm at the office now and wading through stuff. It's not exactly a slow day but I haven't psyched myself up enough to start transcribing and do all the things I am supposed to do. The office is bright with fluorescent lights and it looks dark and cloudy outside. I am wrapped up in my fleece and am warm and cosy (this outside frigidity notwithstanding).

I came in to breakfast with Raina...she bought me pancakes with honey and an orange juice (yum). We were supposed to talk about what would go into the next issue but we talked instead about beauty queens who were NMPs, climbing mountains (something she'll be doing for her 30th birthday, and something I swore off before my 21st), diabetics who go on rallies and other fun stuff.

But we're not too fussed as next month's edition is mostly done. Just a matter of writing out the stories, having them cleared, subbed and the pages laid out.

I guess that IS something to be happy about.

Also I'm seeing my good friend Adel this evening and she is going to tell me all about her muketi (OK, nose stud, I don't know how to spell it in Indian). She told me before, over a teh tarek, at a mamak stall and I want her to repeat it so I can share it with all of you.

I finished Double Comfort Safari Club last night (I wish, I wish, I wish I could find Tea Time for the Traditionally Built, but it is proving elusive, may have to order it online).

Hectic social schedule for the next few days. Which is funny because if you asked me, I would tell you that this is a fallow period and all I want to do is curl up on the sofa with my latest book, or movie, cuddling my dog and doing lots of nothing.

Sometimes monkeys live.

No comments:

Post a Comment