Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Night Is Dark

And I am far from home
Lead thou me on...


Sometimes I lose hope. Especially when I've been sick for a long time and it just doesn't seem to let up. Like now.

And I start to get really morbid (joy blog notwithstanding).

I ask, what's the point? Who even cares?

Silence.

Then a spark.

And then somewhere, in the ether, an answer makes its way to me.

A glimpse of a word from an article. A phrase jumps out of a book. Or usually, it's Libera singing on my car radio. And the answer coincides with my question. Or situation.

And recently, they sang:

Love and mercy that's what you need tonight
So, love and mercy to you and your friends tonight


And funnily enough that penetrated my unprofitable train of thought. It lifted the darkness. It let the light shine through.

I guess there are angels all around us. And they do speak to us. We just haven't learned how to listen very well.

4 comments:

  1. Nods and pauses to listen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A faint whisper, followed by the smell of brownies baking in the oven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know if I start another blog, post May 16, I will call it The Brownie Highway...the two words that most people google to get to my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete