Friday 8 July 2011

Figuring it Out

I came across this on someone else's blog and it just spoke to me. So much. These days, I try not to try, not to tie myself up in knots, but to let it flow. After a lifetime of struggle, you can tell it's not easy. I fall down. I pick myself up again. I dust myself off. And just keep going.

At 50 years old, after reaching and grasping for the success that I thought was possible, I broke my neck and was no longer able to work. My life fell out from underneath me, and I ended up living on the streets for a year, begging for quarters just so I could eat. Imagine that... on the street for A YEAR... at 50 years old, after everything I had put into life.

You can imagine my pain and confusion.

Eventually though, I got back to work and began to rebuild my life... only to discover that nothing had fundamentally changed. It was the same old redundant, endless cycle that had been so fragile the first time. Again, I was chasing and grasping everything I thought I wanted... and it didn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

That's why I called out to God.

Today, my life is completely different in every way. I have the most wonderful life that I'm extremely in love with. Wonderful family. People who support me. A home I love. Travel to all corners of the globe. And most of all, deeply nourishing work in the world.

But you know what? I didn't get any of this by chasing it. I let it all go, and I'm not attached to any of it. Stuff comes and goes, and that "stuff" is not what I want...

This is what life becomes when we live from the soul. When we live as our divine spark...

And what is most surprising is that all of the things you end up getting reflect that profound internal abundance. You end up getting the things you thought you wanted but only by first accepting that they don't matter...

You will experience the bliss that is available to you through living as your highest self, and experiencing the most divine life.

The relationships you inherently crave will naturally emerge — the purpose of your life will naturally unfold, and your career will naturally be filled with significance.

These are not things that can be achieved by "figuring it out". Your mind will not have the answers. The trick is to set down the mind, and live in a different place. The trick is to live as your Divine self, your God spark.

Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment