Monday 11 July 2011

The Happy Wanderer


I thought I'd take a time out from posting other people's words to post some of my own. Firstly I'd like to say that this blog has done what I intended it to do; brought me joy.

Secondly I'd like to say that I write for the people who read it as much as for myself and it means so much that it's you and that the words matter to you.

It's funny, when you start something, you're kind of like Perceval setting out on a journey, a happy fool with no idea of what's in store. You go your own merry way, stumble over every pitfall and then somehow crawl out, right yourself, and continue on whistling a solitary tune.

Heigh ho, life is jolly
content is wisdom
complaint is folly...


And once in a while you bump into someone else, you stop for a while, share sandwiches, swap stories and then get up, dust yourself off, and go on your way, as they go on theirs, subtly changed by the encounter.

It's all about love.

3 comments:

  1. I recall reading somewhere that my official tarot card (based on my birth date) was The Hanged Man... and given the paradoxical nature of my life so far, I find that entirely appropriate. May your happy journey never cease, joyful wanderer and pleasant pilgrim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe your card is the Hanged Man. Maybe it's Wheel of Fortune. Hopefully it will move on to ...better cards.

    Luck of the draw!

    ReplyDelete