Friday 22 July 2011

Happy Pictures from Joyful Calendar


Isn't it beautiful? I have a calendar of 12 of such images by James Christensen. A friend who no longer talks to me (or is it me who no longer talks to her) couriered me my birthday present because we had difficulty meeting last year. It had a lovely card and a voucher from MPH.

I went to MPH to find something I really really wanted, not a book, I already had a million of those, but something, something that would last me the whole year through, that would make me happy.

When I stumbled upon this calendar I could hardly believe it. I'd never even heard of James Christensen before and here he was with all these beautiful, dreamlike images that looked like they could be out of one of my all-time favourite books, Alice in a Wonderland, but weren't.

A blend of humour, imagination, dreams, rainbows, flying, owls and pussycats.

So I wake up to look at the calendar and it fills me with a quiet contentment.

And I think of the friend whom I no longer talk to, and am grateful.

It's the little things.

And sometimes, the not-so-little things.

1 comment:

  1. That's really neat--I have a calendar (several years old now, but still hanging) with prints from Hokusai that I feel the same way about. It makes me happy just to look at it... :)

    ReplyDelete